Happy New Year!
2016 is behind us and it’s time to reflect.
My most memorable events were:
January. I fell in love every few minutes at the Warsaw Zouk Libre festival (Poland). The girls were absolutely stunning! I still remember that Irish girl… I left Poland with a broken heart.
February. I spent quality time with Benn and Em in Bansko (Bulgaria) and mastered downhill skiing and snowboarding on the kiddie slope.
March. Moved house and got massively screwed by the renting agency.
April. I lost a friend to suicide and ran the Virgin London Marathon.
May. I was dancing and prancing at the Prague Zouk Marathon. I haven’t washed my eyes since seeing that hot naked model stroll through the city that day.
June. I became Fellow of the Personal Finance Society and instead of calling it quits on all the studying I took another two big exams and passed them. Once a student, always a student.
July. I had my 10 year high school anniversary and later that month I fell in love with every other girl in Barcelona (Spain). I had a magical time at the Mataro Zouk Devils & Friends festival. I also discovered my new favorite holiday activity – drinking sangria under a massive umbrella at the beach.
August. I quit my job.
September. I ran another marathon in some park in London and took part in a flashmob.
October. Both of my housemates left me and new ones moved in.
November. I started working as an independent financial adviser, which is exactly what I set out to do almost three years ago when I started my first job as an admin assistant at that very company.
December. I took another three big exams but don’t know yet if I passed them or not.
I think it’s been a relatively good year. But there’s more. I’m going to let you guys in on a little something. I’ve been writing a list of all the good things which have happened to me throughout the year. In fact I started back in October 2015. I don’t remember where I got the idea from but it started out with a positive comment about a blog post I wrote (Thanks Kadri, you were the one who set the ball rolling for me). I kept adding things daily and before I knew it, looking out for the good things in my life became easier and easier. My friends, colleagues and housemates keep getting mentioned over and over again.
Here’s a sneak peak of the list:
- Hot Chocolate helped me upstairs to my room when I was too drunk after the advisor lunch. 15 Dec 2015
- Note about rat poison on the floor and that I shouldn’t eat from the floor 16 Dec 2015
- Meeting Gerli – unicorn zouk dancer 2 Feb 2016
- Not dying on the mountain 26 Feb 2016
- I cracked up when Resh fell over at her desk at work today. 8 Mar 2016
- Amazon paid the rent and deposit and we’re not poor anymore. 9 Apr 2016
- Val told me there was one guy [at the dancing venue] who asked her “have you seen this guy? He’s amazing!” whilst he pointed at me. 5 August 2016
- Covanova bought me a Monster before we went flashing 8 August 2016
- Role playing with Hot Chocolate was hilarious. He is such a “dumb” client, I laughed my ass off when I explained him what an annuity was whilst using a magic pen analogy 17 August 2016
- I ate a full tub of vegan ice cream (750 ml) just moments after the delivery guy handed the bloody thing over to me. Nom nom nom. 22 August 2016
- Covanova and I will share the hotel during ZoukFest. We can share the shower again, just like in the good old days. 1 Dec 2016
I’m all smiles after going through the entire list just now. I’ve never actually read the entire thing. It’s well worth it.
I hope you all had a good year and I wish you all the best – especially to all the people who contributed in a positive way to my life. Love you guys!
Happy New Year,